(via EN press release)
With the globe as their playground, athletes, friends and fierce competitors Simon Donato and Paul “Turbo” Trebilcock aim to prove that boundaries are meant to be broken in BOUNDLESS, an eight-part documentary series premiering on Esquire Network Wednesdays at 10p e/p beginning September 25.
In BOUNDLESS, Simon and Turbo ditch their day jobs and decide to test their physical and emotional limits against eight of the world’s toughest endurance races. The series chronicles both pain and triumph as this adrenaline addicted duo climb, run and bike up anything they can find — in only five months.
Each hour-long episode focuses on a different race, including:
· A seven-day race through volcanic terrain in Iceland.
· A paddle race between the islands of Molokai and Oahu in Hawaii.
· A 46-mile foot race with fierce obstacles including elephants and lions in Kenya.
· A 50-mile treacherous river canoe marathon in South Africa.
· A near catastrophic 12.8-mile mountain bike race in Utah.
· A 155-mile, five-day foot race through the scorching deserts of Egypt.
· A 142-mile run through flooded jungles in remote villages of Cambodia.
· An Ironman, the renowned global triathlon, in Thailand.
A self-proclaimed nomad, Simon put all of his belongings in storage and lives out of a truck. When not testing the limits of his body, he’s a geologist who also runs an oatmeal company. Turbo is a self-confessed minimalist raised in the back of a VW mini-van. He credits his younger partying years for his addiction to adrenaline.
Will these friends and athletes make it through this ultimate challenge of mind, body and spirit? For Simon and Turbo, it’s not only about crossing the finish line — it’s about discovering who you are along the way.
BOUNDLESS is produced by Breakthrough Entertainment with Henry Less, Lee Herberman, Joshua Eday and Jordan Eday serving as executive producers.